7 Sweet Reasons Why I Love Honey
Stuart and I recently returned from our honeymoon to Europe! Our last few days we stayed in Prague (at the Old Town Hilton). On the fabulous breakfast buffet I saw the most wonderful sight, a honeycomb dripping with gorgeous, golden honey!! Since starting my journey towards clean and delicious eating, I chose to eliminate all the artificial sweeteners and replace them with natural substitutes. Honey is one of my favorites!
Not only is it scrumptious but it has amazing nutritional and health benefits. That’s my kind of food! As with all our foods, Stuart and I try to choose organic and in the most raw form. Since honeycombs may not being readily available in your kitchen, we suggest you look at the labels and choose 100% raw organic honey. That’s honey in it’s purest, unadulterated form. Locally produced honey has even higher wellness benefits![sc:green text=”7 Fascinating Facts and Nutrition Benefits of Honey:” ]
- Fight insomnia: A spoonful of honey at bedtime promotes sleep and relaxation. The sugar found in honey raises our insulin slightly and allows tryptophan, the compound found in your Thanksgiving turkey, to enter our brains more easily.
- Prevent allergies: Taking a high-quality raw local honey for two months before allergy season can actually lessen your allergies. Honey contains a variety of the same pollen spores that give allergy sufferers so much trouble when flowers and grasses are in bloom. Introducing these spores into the body in small amounts by eating honey should make the body accustomed to their presence and decrease the chance an immune system response like the release of histamine will occur.
- Inhibit infection: Honey has antibacterial properties that prevent infection in minor abrasions. For skin burns, rashes, and abrasions, place a honey poultice over the affected area.
- Skin moisturizer: Honey is a natural moisturizer. It not only attracts water but it helps absorb and retain it on hair and skin.
- Acne treatment: Due to its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, honey is the ultimate organic skincare product. A small amount placed on blemishes nightly will often clear the skin in a short period of time. Washing your face with honey will also leave you with sparkling, clean, soft skin.
- Immune system booster and cold symptom reliever: Raw honey’s antibiotic properties are effective in treating colds and sore throats. Raw honey coats the throat and reduces irritation. Raw, organic honey is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and enzymes which protect the body from bacteria and boost the immune system.
- Energy booster: The natural sugars in honey provide a healthy source of calories and energy for the body.
- Satisfies sweet cravings: Honey also can also help fight sweet cravings – naturally!
I enjoy honey in my coffee and use it to sweeten up baked goods. Instead of buying sweetened yogurt, I add honey and fresh fruit to my yogurt. The health benefits of honey combined with the divine sweetness of honey is unmatched. Experiment with this delicious natural gift! Please post your comments on our Facebook page Healthy Sexy U. – Kimberly Joi Cohen